Last modified: June 20, 2018
By accessing or using the Services, you agree to this Policy. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, do not use the Services or provide any information to us. This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Services after any revisions we make to this Policy constitutes your acceptance and agreement to those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect FROM You
We may collect the following types of information when you use the Services: “Personal Information”: information that identifies you or another person as an individual, such as yours or someone else’s name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP address, or any other identifier by which you may be located, identified, or contacted online or offline; and “Non-Personal Information”: information that does not identify you as an individual, such as your browser type, your internet connection, the URL of the previous web site you visited, the type of equipment you use to access the Services, and details about how you use the Services.
How We Collect Your Information
We may collect information (1) when you provide it to us; and (2) automatically through the Services. Information You Provide or Make Available to Us. When you download, create an account with, register with, or use the Services, you may provide us with both Personal and Non-Personal Information, including when you: Register with the Services, which may include providing your personal profile information which may include, without limitation, your contact information, your height, weight, personal photos, emergency contact information, allergies, medical conditions, disabilities, vehicle information and other information that may assist emergency responders and others who respond to the incidents you report via the Services.
- Set up Emergency Contacts (defined below) in case of emergency. The Services may give you the opportunity to submit third-party Personal Information for individuals you select as your Emergency Contacts (ex. cell phone numbers and email addresses). You are solely responsible for any Personal Information you provide to iWitness which is not your own.
- Report an incident. When you use the Services to transmit any information pertaining to an incident (including video, audio, text and other data), iWitness may collect such information.
- Authorize geolocation tracking via the Services. iWitness uses your geolocation information to provide accurate and timely information regarding your information when you report an incident. iWitness tracks your location information when the Application is activated and the geolocation service on your mobile device is enabled and associates/stores such location information with any messages, data or incidents that you transmit through the Services.
- Complete and submit forms on the Website or the Application.
- Contact us.
- Report a problem with the Services.
Information We Collect Automatically. We do not collect Personal Information automatically, with the exception of IP addresses/geolocation information which may be collected automatically and are only used as described in this Policy. When you download, access and use the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to automatically collect:
- Usage details (ex. details regarding your access to and use of the Services, your IP address, log files, and resources that you use on or through the Service).
- Device information (ex. information about your mobile device and/or internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, operating system, browser type, and/or mobile network information).
- Stored information and files. The Services also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
If you do not want us to collect this information, then please do not use the Services.
Tracking Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
Cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Applications.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information provided by or collected from you, including Personal Information, in order to:
- Make the Services available to you;
- Allow you to communicate with third-parties via the Services;
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information; and
- Improve the Services.
We may also use this information in any other way we may describe at the time you provide the information to us, and for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not share your Personal Information with third-parties in any manner not described in this Policy.
We may use and disclose aggregated Non-Personal Information, and information that does not identify any individual, to third-parties.
We may also share your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information as follows:
- To Designated Emergency Contacts. When you create an account within the Services, you may be asked to identify one or more recipients of any incident reports you choose to report through the Services (each a “Emergency Contact”). As such, you acknowledge and agree that your Personal Information may be made available to and accessible by your Emergency Contacts and that you have no expectation of privacy in connection therewith. iWitness is not responsible for whether or how Emergency Contacts utilize the Content and Personal Information sent to them via the Services.
- Emergency Responders.
Except as otherwise stated, we may use information collected internally to operate the Services, to improve the Services, to customize the Services to your preferences, to communicate information to you, for research purposes and for any other purpose specified in this policy. In addition, we may make full use of all information that is not in personally identifiable form.
We may disclose information, including Personal Information:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep your Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or successor in the event of a merger, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of iWitness’s business or assets.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address in order to provide you with more information about the Services, we will use that email address to provide the requested information to you.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide Personal Information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of iWitness or its affiliates, our customers, or others.
Your Choices and Opting Out
When you register to use the Services, we may periodically send you email messages describing news, information, updates, or promotional offers related to the Services.
You can “opt-out” of receiving emails from us at any time by following the instructions included in your email or by sending a reply stating your request, and we will make the requested changes. Whether you opt out of receiving promotional emails or not, iWitness reserves the right to email or otherwise contact you with respect to important information, notices or changes relating to its products and services.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You can review and change your Personal Information by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any of your Personal Information. We may not change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we have measures in place to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. You are providing your Personal Information to us at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we may have in place to protect your Personal Information.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13, and children under 13 are prohibited from using the Service. We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from visitors under the age of 13. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us via e-mail at email@example.com if they would like this information deleted from our records. We will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
iWitness may modify or amend this Policy from time to time. If we make material changes to how we treat our users' Personal Information, we will notify you by email, text, mobile notification, or through a notice on the Website’s home page. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page and the terms of this Policy are effective as of that date.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at: